Design and technology is an inspiring, rigorous and practical subject. Using creativity and imagination, pupils design and make products. They acquire a broad range of subject knowledge and draw on disciplines such as mathematics, science, engineering, computing and art. Pupils learn how to take risks and be innovative.
Aims and Objectives
- To provide a range of structured and differentiated activities which develop the progression of skills.
- To develop knowledge and teach skills in order to design and make products successfully.
- To help children become aware of and investigate simple products by disassembly and evaluation.
- To show understanding and skills in order to design and make high quality products.
- To provide time to critique, evaluate and test their ideas and products and the work of others.
- To enable children to use design and technology to solve a range of problems.
- To help children understand and apply the principles of nutrition and learn how to cook.